Is THAT friend coming over to watch the game? You know the healthy, keto, no carb, good fats kind of friend!! Make their day with this quick and simple chip and dip.
Prosciutto is cooked in the microwave and the dip takes seconds to mash up. This dish will be ready in minutes.
Prosciutto Chips and Guac Dip
Write a review
- Thin prosciutto slices - as many as you desire
- Kitchen towel
- 1 large ripe avocado
- handful of coriander - chopped finely
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh red chilli - thinly sliced (optional)
- TO MAKE THE CHIPS
- Lay a paper towel on a microwave plate.
- Lay out about 3 slices of prosciutto onto the paper - pieces should not touch
- Microwave for 1 min at 1000w or 1.2min at 850w.
- Once cooked leave to cool on a wire rack and they will begin to crisp.
- Repeat the process until the prosciutto is finished, making sure to replace the paper towel with a new piece every time.
- Mash the avocado with a fork.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and season to taste.
Eighty 20 Nutrition https://eighty20nutrition.com/
I adore crunchy prosciutto, in fact I prefer it over bacon, and I adore guacamole, although it’s NEVER the same dipping celery instead of a family size bag of roasted vegetable crisps, so this combination… oh my! Dream come true. Only problem now? Microwave broke on Monday lol!
Hey Jo, great point you make as they can also be made in the oven. Heat the oven to 220ºC, spread out the prosciutto on a wire rack and bake for about 10min. Keep an eye on them because they turn from done to black instantly, which is why I’ve chosen to micro them rather. Hope you enjoy them xx
Oh my, I haven’t made these for a while and I’ve only ever done them in the oven so I’m definitely going to try it in the microwave, great idea Donna thank you 🙂 Darn it I’m hungry now 😉
Thanks Jan, yeah I used to make them in the oven and I kept on burning them, which can become both expensive and frustrating. xx
This is such an amazing idea, something I’d never thought of!
Thanks Ceri, our of desperation comes good ideas I guess, considering I’m a self confessed chip-aholic I needed something healthy and easy to substitute xx
This is such a great idea! Anything I can use as an excuse to eat guacomole works for me 😀
Me too Rob, I love a good dollop of guac!
Wow when I saw the pictures I didn’t realise how simple this would be to create! That pic with the guacamole dripping off the prosciutto had me full-drooling. Will definitely give this a go, great recipe Donna!
Ooooh please do Mark!
Comments are closed.