Honestly, what is the point of having a roast if there is no stuffing??!! Stuffing is the best part and for me stirs up so many happy memories of family celebrating meals around the table.
Some roasts are just not able to be stuffed, like a leg of lamb, but where there is a will there is a way and that is in the form of balls.
Easy to make, they simply need to be baked on a tray in the oven with the roast for 30 minutes.
I often wonder if my family love the balls more than the roast, regardless of which is preferred, served together with my roast lamb recipe, these two dishes make a killer combo!!
Save to BigOven
Mint and Green Apple Stuffing Balls
- In a food processor, blend the bread (crust on) until it becomes crumbs and transfer to a mixing bowl (if you are using almond flour just add to the bowl and follow the instructions).
- Chop the apples into quarters and remove the core, chop into chunks.
- Remove the leaves from the stem of the mint.
- Add the apple, mint, egg and dried herbs to the processor and blitz again until the are the same size as the bread crumbs.
- Add to the bread crumbs and stir together.
- Squeeze out the sausage meat and using your hands mix together with the crumbs.
- Roll into balls and place on an oiled baking tray.
- Cook along with the roast at 200ºC for half an hour.