I am on my soapbox again about eating more fish. Personally I am not a big fish eater as I grew up in Zimbabwe which is an inland country so the only fish that I ever saw was in the supermarket and far from desirable. Let’s be honest here, how many kids enjoy walking past the fish section for the supermarket?!
I have been making this paté for ages and can’t even tell you where the recipe came from, it has just been in my head for years, and I do fiddle around with fish types (sardines and tuna have been know the show up) and I really just use whatever ingredients are on hand. That being said I will never compromise on my quality of butter, always ensure it is grass-fed like Kerrygold as it is loaded with incredible nutritional benefits. Follow this link for more information on the health benefits.
No jokes, this paté takes about 3 minutes to make, and it is divine I tell you! Bursting with amazing anti-inflammatory Omega 3’s, it will not only help ease arthritic joints, but will also keep your skin looking like a 20 year old, bonus! Besides the great benefits from the Omega 3’s, mackerel also contains an abundance of other nutrients and vitamins, making it an all round healthy option for heart, brain, bones, teeth, nerves and muscles.
Whip up this paté in an instant and enjoy it either on my seed crackers, or on slices of cucumber or celery.
- 1 tin mackerel fillets (Fish 4 Ever are sustainably fished)
- 2 Tbsp Kerrygold butter - softened
- 1/2 small red onion or 2 spring onions
- 2 tsp fresh herb (either basil, dill, parsley, coriander)
- 1/2 tsp herb salt
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Roughly chop the onion, place it in to a blender and give it a good chop.
- Add the mackerel, butter and salt and vinegar and continue blending, until desired consistency.
- Stir in the chopped herbs, adding more if needed.