It is really funny how the first thing that people comment on when hearing we follow a grain free diet is pancakes, how can we survive without them? Very good question, as we asked ourselves that same question on many an occasion. To be honest I did have to kiss a load of frogs to end up with this excellent recipe, to the point that my family were starting to accept that they were never going to see another pancake in their home again.
This pancake, is so light and delicate, yet does not fall apart when flipped as with most of my previous attempts. My best is that it can be loaded with gorgeous fillings without tearing, that makes it pass the test in my eyes.
The easiest way to make them is simply put all the ingredients into a blender and give it a whizz, my Nutribullet is the bomb for this…
Place all the ingredients into one container
Blend at a high speed
Cook on a high heat, in a non-stick pan
Recipe makes between 10-12, depending on thickness.
For a great prebiotic, add some green banana’s fried in grass-fed butter, coconut yoghurt or whipped coconut cream and some room temperature berries (for some reason they are just much sweeter), and you are guaranteed to have an awesome day!
- 4 large organic eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup tapioca powder or arrowroot
- 4 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon
- Blend all the ingredients together in a high speed blender.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on a high heat.
- Pour in enough mixture to evenly cover the surface of the pan - not too much.
- When the edges start to curl up, and bubble pockets are forming underneath, flick and cook for 30 seconds on the other side.
- Slide off the pan onto a plate.
- Repeat until the mixture is finished.