There are some days when you just want to have a treat like maybe a gummie baby or two… OR the whole bag is usually my case. I have always wanted to make my own but kind of figured they would be way to hard and messy to even attempt, until recently that is. I discovered just how insanely easy they are to make and I must confess that my daughter and I are totally addicted to them, I mean ADDICTED!!
Easy to pack in a lunchbox, these gummies make a healthy treat portable!
As with my other posts, I’m not going to cover the many health benefits of gelatin in this post as I’d rather leave it to the experts. Please take time to read this article by Grass Fed Girl – it will change your life and save you £ £ £ on wrinkle creams and skin treatments.
Regarding making them, just a few handy tips….
- Make space in your fridge before you start to make the mixture.
- Place the moulds on a plastic chopping board to transfer easily to the fridge – do not attempt to move the tray on its own!
- Experiment with flavours, I like to buy ready made fresh juices/smoothies if I’m in a rush or blend fruit that is has turned slightly and can’t be served fresh. Layer the flavours for a “fruit salad”.
- Kombucha is a double whammy of goodness for healing gut issues, just like gundry md bio complete 3 can be for those who take regular supplements.
- Always hold the container that has the measured gelatin away from the steam of the saucepan, it will start to clump before it has even made it in.
- Use a whisk, don’t take any shortcuts with blending the gelatin (trust me a gelatin lump is not fun) – I like to do a final blitz with the immersion blender
- Buy fun silicon chocolate moulds – kids love a funky shape – check out these cute ones or these great Star Wars character shapes
Yes even your pets can have a healing treat! If you have a pet that is showing signs of aging, arthritic or revering from an operation, simply make up a batch of gummies and give them as treats. Jack loves his gummies which I keep in a tub in the fridge – it is the highlight of his day! Recipe in the notes section of this recipe card below.