This recipe came about from a huge bowl of leftover cauliflower fried rice. We were having friends around for a braai or BBQ when I remembered that it was in the fridge, and by simply adding some fresh herbs and exciting ingredients, it was reinvented into this absolutely delicious salad.
You will need to make up the cauli fried rice recipe before and leave it to cool, actually mine was a day old and was perfect. That being said, if served warm it is a really tasty alternative to couscous and will add incredible flavour to a warm meat dish, you choose…..
- I batch of cauli fried rice (recipe on my website)
- 1 cup fresh chopped mint
- 1 cup fresh chopped coriander
- ½ cup finely chopped parmesan (omit if dairy sensitive)
- 1 Tbsp harrisa spice
- BEFORE SERVING ADD
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 ½ limes
- ½ cup pomegranate rubies
- Prepare a batch of cauli fried rice and leave to cool, preferably overnight.
- In a serving bowl, add the all the ingredients and mix gently
- Before serving drizzle over the olive oil, squeeze the lime juice and garnish with the pomegranate rubies
- Serve it cold as a salad, or warm as an alternative to couscous