The perfect accompaniment to a big piece of steak, burger or even grilled salmon. Sweet potato’s roasted in coconut oil and then doused with cheese, herbs and chilli, just so decadent.
The potatoes can be prepared ahead of time, then heated before serving but make sure that the cheese is soft and gooey whilst the herbs remain fresh and crisp,
I find that roasting the potato’s on a baking tray, without touching each other, allows them to crisp up beautifully, then I transfer them to a serving dish, smother them in grated cheddar cheese, back into the oven for the cheese to melt, then topped with fresh herbs and chilli slices.
So easy and simple, and deliciously perfect!
- 4 large sweet potato
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp Himalayan salt
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped herbs (basil or coriander)
- 2 red chilli's - sliced
- 1 lime
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Cut the sweet potatoes into wedges, ensuring that every wedge has a piece of skin
- Blob bits of coconut oil on all the wedges and sprinkle with salt
- Roast the wedges for 20-30min depending on the size of the wedges, and using a spatular flip them over a few times to allow all the sides to roast evenly
- Remove from the oven and transfer to the serving dish
- Sprinkle the cheese over and put back into the oven to allow the cheese to melt
- Remove and sprinkle the herbs and chilli over, squeeze the lime over and serve