A beautiful and elegant dessert or afternoon treat that is just so simple to whip up. Use any seasonal fruits available and have fun creating delicious fruity galettes. You will see from the steps below that the process of making the galette is really simple, just whip together the ingredients for the pastry, roll it out and arrange your fruit. Fold the edges over, pinch the folds closed and brush with egg or coconut oil – Easy Peasy!!
For more information on galettes and their origin, check out my previous Rustic Fall Fruit Galette recipe post.
- 1 cup cassava flour plus extra for rolling
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp tapioca flour or arrowroot powder
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp organic vanilla powder
- 125g cold Kerrygold butter chopped into squares
- 1 egg (plus 1 for brushing the pastry)
- 1 nectarine - stoned and sliced
- 1 cup stoned cherries
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Prepare a silicon mat or sheet of grease proof baking paper (sprinkle a little cassava flour over to stop any sticking)
- Using the bowl attachment and S blade of a stick blender, whizz together the dry dough ingredients until mixed.
- Add the cold chopped butter and whizz it again until it resembles crumbs.
- Add the egg and one last whizz to combine all the ingredients.
- Using your hands, remove from the bowl and knead on your baking mat sprinkled with cassava flour. This is to remove any dry spots that may be in the dough.
- Roll the dough into a rough circle until it is about 3mm thick, keep adding flour to the rolling pin and dough if it becomes tacky. Make sure to mend any tears or holes that may occur.
- Arrange the fruit in the middle of the circle, then using a knife gently fold the edges up around the outer parts of the fruit, leaving the middle exposed.
- Press the outer edge seam of the dough with your finger to ensure that no cracks have appeared after folding.
- Brush with whipped egg then transfer to the oven to bake for approximately 40min. The dough should be crisp and golden in colour. Similar to a biscuit texture.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool thoroughly before attempting to transfer to a serving plate, or simply serve directly off the grease proof paper.