I have suddenly developed this love for roasted fruit, I like to think I’m a simple chuck it all in and blend kind of gal, but I have to say that by roasting strawberries takes this recipe to a whole new level in flavour. For my South African readers it reminds both myself and my girls of strawberry Nesquik powder that we grew up drinking by the gallon (explains a whole multitude of my health issues) although thankfully this recipe is without all of the nasty preservatives, sugar and colourings, and loaded with healthy fats and vitamin C.
The other reason for my new found passion of berry roasting is they turn so fast in the heat and my girls being incredibly picky with fruit and will not touch anything that is slightly bruised or showing any sign of age, yeah all know that they certainly wont kill us, but tell that to a teenager who knows everything!!
I’m going to include pictures of both the strawberry milk and the lollies. For the milk simply layer the coconut cream, strawberry pulp, cashew or coconut milk and add some crushed ice to make it really cold. For the lollies, blitz together the coconut cream, strawberry pulp and cashew milk and freeze in lolly moulds.
- 500g strawberries - quartered
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup - optional
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 can refrigerated organic coconut milk - I prefer Waitrose organic
- 1 cup Rude Health cashew milk or coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC
- Combine the strawberries, maple syrup and lime juice in an oven proof dish
- Roast for about 20min, they will start to smell heavenly!
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool - mash with a fork or in a blender
- Layer coconut milk (you may need to blend it together), crushed ice, strawberry pulp and top with milk - serve
- Combine, coconut milk, strawberry pulp and milk in a blender.
- Pour into lolly moulds
Add crushed strawberry chips to the lollies for extra colour and flavour