It’s 5am in the morning, yip, nobody ever said that blogging was easy! I knew though, that if I didn’t get this recipe out early, then it was probably not going to happen today at all, because I have a pretty hectic day ahead of me, so here it is….
I made these last night before going to be bed, and they will be reheated at breakfast to be guzzled down by my gang soon.
They are really simple to make and have a great balance of fats, eggs and flavours to get my family off to good start this Monday morning.
To make these, simply mix all the batter ingredients in a nutribullet or blender, then add the flavours, mine being prosciutto, red onion, cheese and basil, it goes without saying that if you don’t eat cheese, simply leave it out and add something that you like.
Hopefully there will be enough for a lunch boxes too (luckily I thought ahead and made a double batch).
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or water
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt (pink salt)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 3 slices prosciutto, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- a few leaves of basil, finely sliced
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC.
- Prepare the muffin pan with 6 muffin cases.
- Blend the batter ingredients together.
- Stir in the the cheese, prosciutto, red onion and basil
- Bake for 20min or until golden brown and firm in the middle
- Remove from the oven and cool completely