Hi Everyone, wow the last few weeks have been crazy for me and getting any work done has been almost impossible. I call it silly season and it used be around Christmas time in South Africa as the school year ends then, but here in the UK it is this time of the year. Which makes me realise it is has nothing to do with Christmas and everything to do with the schools closing for the big summer holiday.
At this busy time of the year, making a huge batch of granola is almost impossible, between shopping and roasting (which you have to watch so closely or it burns so easily) I just don’t have enough hours in the day. This morning I made a pan of this instant granola and it is the bomb!
Fry it up quickly in a pan and you have a bowl of fresh delicious granola in a few minutes!
YES you read fry correctly, combine everything in a frying pan and the ingredients roast up beautifully, plus an extra bonus is that the house smells absolutely gorgeous, nothing more homely than the smell of vanilla!
This recipe is perfect for one, scale the ingredients according to the number of hungry mouths.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp raw honey/maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 Tbsp almond flakes
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp pecan nuts - crushed or whole
- 1 Tbsp raw hazelnuts
- Combine all of the ingredients in a cast iron frying pan on medium to high heat (8/10).
- Stir regularly - but not constantly.
- It is ready when there is a distinct nutty aroma and the sesame seeds look toasted and start to pop.
- Either serve immediately for a warm cereal or leave to cool.