After a really quick walk along the river today because a major downpour struck just as my friend Sue and I hit the path – Murphy’s law right?! I came home to whip up some delicious golden pancakes to “warm dem bones”!
Using only three ingredients which could actually be dropped down to ONE ingredient being a single egg if the pantry is bare. Perfect for those on a carb-free or keto diet or you just don’t have the fancy flours that us Paleo bloggers are famous for touting.
We often enjoy these pancakes for breakfast as a savoury option. Leave out the vanilla extract, add a touch of salt then serve with salmon and spinach or any other filling that is available makes a great alternative for the breakfast run.
Loads of pics today because they were just so colourful and beautiful to shoot, I really battled to stop both eating and photographing!
A light and delicious pancake made purely of egg. No wheat or flour is necessary.
- 6 free range/organic eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (or more if you like the flavour)
- A small amount of coconut oil or grass fed butter to coat the pan
- Using a hand whisk, whisk the ingredients really well.
- Warm a non-stick cast iron frying pan to a really high heat on the stove.
- Using a paper towel, wipe a tiny coating of coconut oil or butter over the pan - I only do it once initially and don't need to do it again.
- Pour a small amount of the egg mixture into the pan (as you would with any other pancake mixture) and swirl the mixture around until it entirely coats the bottom of the pan.
- Leave to cook until the edges start to curl up and you can get a egg flip in easily to turn it.
- Flip the pancake and leave for a couple of seconds on the other side to cook.
- Repeat the process until all the egg is finished.
Top with berries, coconut cream/yoghurt and a good quality maple syrup.