Do you ever finish dinner and think “Okay, now I need something sweet and yummy?!” you are not alone, so many of us feel that way. I’m pretty sure there is a scientific reason based around insulin, and one I’m sure I should actually know. Honestly, I’m bunged up with sinus issues thanks to the darling buds of nearly May and my mind is not functioning well at all currently. Anyhow, this bark is ideal for settling that craving, as a fun snack when the kids arrive back from school or even breakfast for the picky eaters who prefer ice-cream.
Today’s recipe is really quick and short because I’m not really able to put much more out, but don’t worry, even if it is short it delivers a punch in taste and looks incredibly beautiful. Frozen coconut yoghurt, with a pomegrante and rose swirl, topped with pomegranate rubies and pistachio nuts. I like to take it out of the freezer about 10-15 min before eating just to soften it slightly although I know the kids love it teeth breaking frozen.
I’m not going to include quantities, because it really is just about what you have on hand and personal preference. Some may want more nuts, others may prefer more pomegranate swirl, as I’ve said before just own the recipe and make it totally yours!
- 1 Large 400g tub of vanilla or plain coconut yoghurt (coyo or coconut collabs which I get from Waitrose) OR coconut cream OR greek yoghurt
- 1 punnet of pomegranate rubies
- a few drops of rose extract
- Handful of shelled pistachios
- Spoon the yoghurt or cream into a silicon tray that will fit into the freezer (or a dish lined with grease proof paper)
- Blend together about 1/4 cup of pomegranate rubies and a couple of drops rose extract (taste and add more of either to preference)
- Spoon the puree over the coconut yogurt and draw swirls - don't mix it
- Sprinkle over extra rubies and crushed pistashios.
- Freeze for at least an hour.
- Remove from the container and break into pieces and enjoy.