I can’t begin to tell you how delicious these mugs cakes are! Ideal for an impromptu dessert, as it takes only 1 minute in the microwave (high 5 BONUS!) My daughters love making these during the school holidays when friends come over, or just because….those of you with teens will know how they LOVE to eat, and no pantry is safe during the holidays.
The ingredients can all be mixed directly in the mug, but because I like to dust the inside of the mug with a touch of cocoa to help the cake rise, I prefer to mix it up in a separate bowl.
Sprinkle with a touch of tapioca flour, just a tiny amount, to make it look awesome! You could also add fresh cream/whipped coconut cream and berries, just saying…..
If it is soft in the middle, don't stress, that is the best part!
- 1/4 cup almond flour/ground almonds
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda/baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp coconut/almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 Tbsp dark chocolate chips
- Combine and mix all the dry ingredients together, ensuring all the lumps are broken up.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix really… really…. really well with a fork.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute, if it is still very soft in the middle then add an extra 30 sec