A bit of a mouth full title, but then so is the cream! It is so delicious, and may be used for any number of different toppings, I actually love just having it as an icing on a cupcake or in my coffee for extra good healthy fats.
Today was more of a photography day than a recipe day. I discovered – well actually I knew but did not register that my husband owned and had packed away in his photography kit the ultimate food photography lens, a Nikon Af-S VR Nikkor 105mm micro f2/8. This is the stuff that budding food photographers dream of and I’ve had it under my roof the whole time without me being aware – or consciously aware because I knew about it but did not, if you get me drift?
Anyhow, I suddenly woke up to it today and decided to give it a go during my whipped cream shoot. Apologies for the bombardment of pics but I actually am just so excited about this lens, it just makes everything looks sooooo good!
If whipped cream is your thaaaaaang then follow this link to My King Cook by Olivia Rose for all things whipped and creamed!
- 1 can good quality coconut milk (my preferred is Waitrose Organic)
- 1 Tbsp good quality maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- Pop a can of coconut milk into the fridge for a couple of hours or even better over night. Make sure the can is standing upright.
- Remove the can and turn it upside down.
- Open the upside can and pour out the now separated water* - the cream should be hard and firm at the other end.
- Scoop out the cream and whip.
- Adding a dash of maple syrup or vanilla powder for extra flavour.
- *Save the water and add it to a smoothie...