Sweet potato and guacamole, sun and a glass of wine….yip summer is finally here! Less screen time and more sun and outdoors time for me today, so I’m not going to spend too much talking about this dish, because really it speaks for itself, so just give it a try!
On a baking tray, drizzle the melted coconut oil over the potato wedges, then sprinkle with paprika and salt. Using your hands, give it a good mix up, rubbing the paprika over the wedges. Arrange the wedges so they are not touching each other and the skin is upwards. Pop them into the oven for approximately 30min or until golden on all sides and soft in the middle.
When serving, spoon up the glorious golden oil and drizzle it over the potatoes, it is just way to good to be wasted…
For the guacamole, roughly mash the avocado, chop the coriander and thinly slice the spring onion. Mix everything together and taste, you may want to add more salt or vinegar.
Serve with sour cream or coconut cream and add a dash of colour with a few thin slices of red chilli or red pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC
- Chunky chop the wedges, then move them onto a prepared baking tray and drizzle over the melted coconut oil, salt and paprika.
- Using your hands mix them up until the wedges are coated properly.
- Bake for about 30 min, do check them as oven temps vary so yours may be different to mine.
- Whilst the potatoes are baking, start on the guac.
- On a plate (I find it way easier to mash avo on a plate than in a bowl) mash the avo then transfer to a bowl and add chopped spring onion and chopped coriander.
- Season with salt and vinegar.
- Transfer the roasted potatoes to a serving plate, and spoon up the beautiful golden oil and drizzle it over the potatoes.
- Squeeze a lime or two over the the wedges and the guac and serve with a bowl of sour cream or coconut cream. For an extra splash of colour, top with a few slices of red chilli or red pepper.