These little guys are just great for school lunch boxes, or an afternoon snack. Those of you who know me, will confirm that I am always banging on about the health benefits of coconuts and coconut oil (weight loss….wink wink).
Coconut speeds up your metabolism providing an immediate source of energy with less calories, they also improve heart health, digestion and help reduce sugar cravings, plus they are just so yummy!!
- 250g desiccated coconut
- 6 Tbsp coconut oil
- 200g creamed coconut (not to be confused with coconut cream)
- Zest of 2 lemons (see notes below)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup 100% maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place all your ingredients into a food processor and pulse until everything is combined properly. Spread the mixture and then pat down tightly into a square or rectangle tin lined with baking parchment, refrigerate for about 1/2 an hour, remove and cut into slices....
- Store in a container in the fridge if the outside temperature is really hot.
- As always, go on taste when using lemons, as there is such a variation in size and taste, so start off with less and keep tasting and adding until you reach your desired taste. I personally like it to be zingy and lemony.