If you follow me on instagram, you may well notice that occasionally I will post a recipe direct to the page instead of putting it on my website. That is usually if there is not a full recipe but merely a guideline on how to make something. The thing about these avo cups is that there is not a set quantity and really should just be determined by how many portions will be needed, for recipe purposes I have made two cups using one whole avo. Again, that is personal thing, if you are feeding hungry growing teenage boys, it may well be two each, but generally one cup per person is absolutely sufficient.
What makes these cups perfect is that the salad is served in it’s own little natural bowl, making them ideal for a either a BBQ or even packing it up in lunch box for work or school.
- I large ripe avocado
- 1 cup spiralised carrot
- 3-4 strips of bacon, chunky chopped and cooked
- Juice from 1/2 an orange
- 1 lime
- Soak the carrot in the orange juice for as long as possible (which is why I have not added a total time to the recipe card)
- Cut the avo in half and remove the pip.
- Carefully remove the skin.
- On the rounded outer section of the avo, cut a small slice off the bottom, making it easier to balance on a flat surface (not necessary, but just stops it from falling over and emptying out)
- Squeeze the lime over both halves, top and bottom to stop it from turning brown
- Share the carrot between both halves and pour the juices over the top
- Top with the cooked bacon, and either chopped herbs or a few slices of chilli
- Drizzle mayo or olive oil