After a large Christmas meal, I have to admit to waking up the next day feeling a combination of both hunger and saturation. The thought of making another meal and more honestly messing up my beautifully clean and tidy kitchen which took me ages to spiff up the previous night, was fast putting me off ever eating again!
Thank goodness for smoothies, just whip them up in seconds with whatever falls out of your fridge/freezer and a magical earth shattering meal is born. In this case it was a cherry smoothie, inspired by my cherry ice-cream recipe which is just so yummy and refreshing. I decided to turn it into more of a healthy and filling meal replacement than a refreshing pudding. By adding canned coconut milk and callgen it gives it a superb boost of MCT’s (medium chain triglycerides) and protein which are ideal for getting the brain back into function mode and balancing the metabolism after a day of sheer gluttony.
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp collagen collagen hydrolysate (optional)
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries (I buy them pitted and frozen from Sainsburys)
- A few drops of rose extract
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- In a high speed blender, blend together the cherries, rose water and coconut water.
- Share the cherry mixture between two glasses.
- Clean the blender container, add the coconut milk and collagen and blend so it becomes light and frothy.
- Pour over the cherry mixture and serve with a straw.
- If the coconut milk is not cold then add a few blocks of ice when blending.