Bring some sunshine into your home with this beautiful salad. It honestly makes me so happy just looking at it because I feel like it’s smiling at me! Just a short post today, because there really is not much to say about a salad but please do try it as experimenting and playing around with different ingredients makes for a varied diet.
Many times we shy away from using certain ingredients in a different format like butternut raw in a salad, but this way gives a new modern twist to the 80’s version of a carrot and orange salad.
- 300g spiralised butternut (Sainsbury's sells ready cut)
- 2 cups fresh wild rocket
- 1-2 blood orange - peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup blood orange juice (about 2 blood oranges)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped mint
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Combine all the salad ingredients together - except the rocket.
- In a blender, blitz together the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad.
- Leave the salad to stand dressed for a minimum of 1 hour, but a few more if possible.
- Toss in the fresh rocket before serving.
- Use regular oranges if blood oranges are not available