A quick post before I rush out to take Jack for a walk, just so I can share the recipe for my activated charcoal latte. This latte is fun to make and has amazing health and nutritional benefits. According to Dr Axe
Activated Charcoal Uses & Benefits
Activated charcoal is a potent natural treatment used to trap toxins and chemicals in the body, allowing them to be flushed out so the body doesn’t reabsorb them. It’s made from a variety of sources, but when used for natural healing, it’s important to select activated charcoal made from coconut shells or other natural sources.
One of the most popular activated charcoal uses is for the safe and effective treatment of poisoning and drug overdoses. It’s used in emergency trauma centers across the world. In addition, it’s used to reduce bloating and gas, lower cholesterol, treat bile flow problems safely during pregnancy, and even prevent hangovers.(1)
Research shows that activated charcoal works better than stomach pumping (gastric lavage) in some situations.(2)
Follow this link for more information on activated charcoal
- 1 cup nut milk, coconut milk or full cream organic milk
- 2 capsules high grade activated charcoal - open the capsule and empty the powder.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- maple syrup to taste - optional
- In a saucepan on the stove, mix the ingredients together and warm through.
- Do the lazy thing and spin it in a nespresso milk frother , serve and enjoy!